It’s been quite some time since I posted anything on this blog. Not a recipe, not a photo, not a nothing. But my recent photo of Sweet Potato Parmesan Crackers that I posted on Instagram created quite a cracker flurry. People wanted the recipe. Multiple people wanted the recipe. A recipe for crackers. Okay…
Look, I’m not one to complain about getting attention on Instagram but of all the photos I’ve posted. Crackers? To be fair, the photo was very good. The crackers looked very tasty in said photo. And, I must say, they were. They are gone. Gone because I ate them. I shared two. Yes, you can judge me, I don’t care.
So, after all of the above is said and done, I get it: you want the recipe for these dang crackers. It is below.
A few notes on this cracker recipe:
You can easily make this gluten free by subbing out the all-purpose flour for either almond flour (extra protein!) OR a gluten-free 1-to-1 flour mix.
You can easily make these dairy free by subbing out the parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast.
Sweet Potato Parmesan Crackers
This recipe of Sweet Potato Crackers is reminiscent of a classic Cheeze-it but with extra nutrition and flavor. The sweet potato provides good-for-you carbs, while the rosemary and parmesan cheese give them that extra umami impact. They’re perfect snacks on the go but would also add class to any cheese plate.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 40–50 crackers 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (about 2 small sweet potatoes)
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 4 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potato, flour, cheese, salt, rosemary, garlic powder, and olive oil.
- Mix until a dough forms. The dough will be slightly sticky.
- Cut the dough in half. Transfer one half of the dough to a prepared baking sheet and top it with another sheet of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a thin layer, about 1 ⁄8 inch thick. Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper and use a pizza, ravioli cutter, or sharp knife to cut the crackers into 1-inch squares.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the baking sheet from the oven and use a spatula to flip each cracker for even baking (they should split apart easily where you cut them).
- Return the pan to the oven to bake until the crackers are dry and crisp, about 15 minutes more.
- The edge pieces will cook faster than the center pieces, and you don’t want them to burn, so remove any pieces by the edge of the pan when they are done and continue cooking the center crackers until they are all dry, checking on them every 2 to 3 minutes. Allow the crackers to cool completely to maximize crispiness
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Keywords: Sweet potato crackers, homemade crackers